Wednesday, 19 June 2013

Activity 2: Module 9 reflection

Concerning School Scenarios
 
In looking at the school scenarios, I found that as a leader, it is very important to understand the protocols that exist within the framework of the Ministry of Education. Knowing this can help to alleviate or prevent situations from perpetuation, repetition, or from occurring at all. 
 A leader must be decisive and know when and how to activate certain courses of interventions.  Additionally,  a leader must not make decisions on his or her own. there may be the times when this may be necessary but as a rule he or she must involve other minds in process so that there a greater level of buy in when decisions are made.  All involved must be able to share in the vision, project or initiatives that are proposed for the forward movement of the institution.
 
What I feel about corresponding with the group:

Corresponding with the group gives me an opportunity to share best practices. The ideas generated shows how one problem can be solved in multiple ways. At the same time I also see that as the saying says, great minds think alike. There are the instances where certain issues require an action based on a principle.  I have seen that throughout the correspondence. These principles I have learned from the many discussion s I have interacted with.   
 
I could improve group communication:

To  improve on my group communication really has to do with prioritizing my schedule and pacing myself to make it happen.

I only wish I had an Ipad on the go so that I could communicate on the go. A lot of my activities take me on the road.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment